Updated Sep 16, 2013 - 5:09 pm
Hernandez not returning to Mariners rotation yet
DETROIT (AP) - Felix Hernandez is not ready to return to Seattle's starting rotation.
Hernandez, who has been bothered by an oblique strain, threw a bullpen session Monday in Detroit, but the Mariners say Hisashi Iwakuma will start against the Tigers on Wednesday night, followed by James Paxton on Thursday. Erasmo Ramirez is slated to start against the Los Angeles Angels on Friday.
Hernandez is expected to throw another bullpen session Thursday.
Pitching coach Carl Willis says Hernandez felt fine physically Monday but is a little erratic. He has not pitched since Sept. 2.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
You might also be interested in:
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »