Updated Sep 2, 2013 - 11:07 pm
King Felix leaves game with back cramp
After Hernandez made a pitch to Alex Gordon, Mariners manager Eric Wedge and a trainer rushed to the mound.
They had a brief conversation with Hernandez and he was replaced by Oliver Perez. The team announced the injury was a cramp in his lower back.
Hernandez, the 2010 American League Cy Young Award winner, struck out Mike Moustakas in the sixth for his 200th strikeout, the fifth consecutive season he has reached that mark.
He had thrown 105 pitches in 6 2/3 innings and Seattle was trailing 3-1.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- The Pete Carroll Show
Surgery upcoming for Seahawks' K.J. Wright
- Shannon Drayer
M's should be busy at baseball's winter meetings
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright to have surgery on broken foot
- Seahawks burned again by 49ers' Frank Gore
- Seahawks' slugfest loss an example of what to expect
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »