Updated Sep 2, 2013 - 11:07 pm
King Felix leaves game with back cramp
After Hernandez made a pitch to Alex Gordon, Mariners manager Eric Wedge and a trainer rushed to the mound.
They had a brief conversation with Hernandez and he was replaced by Oliver Perez. The team announced the injury was a cramp in his lower back.
Hernandez, the 2010 American League Cy Young Award winner, struck out Mike Moustakas in the sixth for his 200th strikeout, the fifth consecutive season he has reached that mark.
He had thrown 105 pitches in 6 2/3 innings and Seattle was trailing 3-1.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Greg Scruggs
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- More Seattle Seahawks »