Updated Sep 2, 2013 - 11:07 pm
King Felix leaves game with back cramp
After Hernandez made a pitch to Alex Gordon, Mariners manager Eric Wedge and a trainer rushed to the mound.
They had a brief conversation with Hernandez and he was replaced by Oliver Perez. The team announced the injury was a cramp in his lower back.
Hernandez, the 2010 American League Cy Young Award winner, struck out Mike Moustakas in the sixth for his 200th strikeout, the fifth consecutive season he has reached that mark.
He had thrown 105 pitches in 6 2/3 innings and Seattle was trailing 3-1.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners notebook: Good news for Taijuan Walker
- M's reportedly interested in White Sox OF Viciedo
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- More Seattle Mariners »