Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 4:55 pm
Mariners, Michael Saunders agree on 2014 contract
The Mariners announced the deal with Saunders on Wednesday. He can earn an additional $75,000 in performance bonuses based on plate appearances.
Saunders, 27, has spent his entire career in the Mariners organization. He made his major league debut in 2009 and has appeared in 475 games for Seattle. Last season, Saunders played in 132 games, hitting .236 with 12 home runs and 46 RBIs. Saunders had a career-high 19 homers and 57 RBIs in 139 games in 2012.
Seattle still has two players eligible for salary arbitration: first baseman Justin Smoak and outfielder Logan Morrison.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »