Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 4:55 pm
Mariners, Michael Saunders agree on 2014 contract
The Mariners announced the deal with Saunders on Wednesday. He can earn an additional $75,000 in performance bonuses based on plate appearances.
Saunders, 27, has spent his entire career in the Mariners organization. He made his major league debut in 2009 and has appeared in 475 games for Seattle. Last season, Saunders played in 132 games, hitting .236 with 12 home runs and 46 RBIs. Saunders had a career-high 19 homers and 57 RBIs in 139 games in 2012.
Seattle still has two players eligible for salary arbitration: first baseman Justin Smoak and outfielder Logan Morrison.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »