Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 4:55 pm
Mariners, Michael Saunders agree on 2014 contract
The Mariners announced the deal with Saunders on Wednesday. He can earn an additional $75,000 in performance bonuses based on plate appearances.
Saunders, 27, has spent his entire career in the Mariners organization. He made his major league debut in 2009 and has appeared in 475 games for Seattle. Last season, Saunders played in 132 games, hitting .236 with 12 home runs and 46 RBIs. Saunders had a career-high 19 homers and 57 RBIs in 139 games in 2012.
Seattle still has two players eligible for salary arbitration: first baseman Justin Smoak and outfielder Logan Morrison.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Report: Seahawks to re-sign Anthony McCoy
- Seahawks' Luke Willson agrees to go to high school prom
- Seahawks keep Michael Bennett with four-year deal
- Report: Seahawks favorites for Michael Bennett
- Trading for Graham would cost the Seahawks a fortune
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- More Seattle Mariners »