Updated Nov 4, 2013 - 3:50 pm
Seattle makes qualifying offer to Kendrys Morales
The Mariners announced they had made the offer on Monday and Morales has until Nov. 11 to accept. If he signs elsewhere, Seattle would get an extra pick at the end of the first round of June's amateur draft.
General manager Jack Zduriencik has said he wanted to keep Morales. Last season, his first with Seattle, Morales played in 156 games, hitting .277 with 23 homers and 80 RBIs. He also had 34 doubles and an on-base plus slugging percentage of .785.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
M's notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- The Pete Carroll Show
K.J. Wright stood out in Seahawks' dominant win
- Brady Henderson
Notebook: Avril, Bennett team up for touchdown
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- What we learned from Seahawks' win over Saints
- 12th Man flag to fly high above San Francisco Sunday
- The Pete Carroll Show: Praise for K.J. Wright
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Seahawks notebook: Avril, Bennett team up for score
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- Mariners President, COO Chuck Armstrong to retire
- Lloyd McClendon's coaching staff is complete
- More Seattle Mariners »