Updated Nov 4, 2013 - 3:50 pm
Seattle makes qualifying offer to Kendrys Morales
The Mariners announced they had made the offer on Monday and Morales has until Nov. 11 to accept. If he signs elsewhere, Seattle would get an extra pick at the end of the first round of June's amateur draft.
General manager Jack Zduriencik has said he wanted to keep Morales. Last season, his first with Seattle, Morales played in 156 games, hitting .277 with 23 homers and 80 RBIs. He also had 34 doubles and an on-base plus slugging percentage of .785.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- Report: Seahawks tender RFA Jeron Johnson
- Russell Wilson's Rangers jersey a top MLB seller
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson turned down 'Dancing with the Stars'
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- 'Cactus League Report' recap and podcast
- More Seattle Mariners »