Updated Apr 8, 2013 - 6:23 pm
Astros recall Clemens, place Fields on DL
SEATTLE (AP) - Reliever Josh Fields has been placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Houston Astros with a right forearm strain.
The Astros made the move on Monday ahead of their series opener against the Seattle Mariners, retroactive to April 4. Houston recalled Paul Clemens from Triple-A Oklahoma City to take Fields' spot. It is Clemens first appearance on an active major league roster.
Fields was the first-round draft pick of the Mariners in 2008. He was taken in the first-round of the 2012 Rule 5 Draft from the Boston Red Sox organization and made the Astros opening day roster after posting a 2.31 ERA in 12 spring training appearances. Fields had faced just two batters this season.
Clemens made one start for Oklahoma City this season.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- More Seattle Mariners »