Updated Apr 8, 2013 - 6:23 pm
Astros recall Clemens, place Fields on DL
SEATTLE (AP) - Reliever Josh Fields has been placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Houston Astros with a right forearm strain.
The Astros made the move on Monday ahead of their series opener against the Seattle Mariners, retroactive to April 4. Houston recalled Paul Clemens from Triple-A Oklahoma City to take Fields' spot. It is Clemens first appearance on an active major league roster.
Fields was the first-round draft pick of the Mariners in 2008. He was taken in the first-round of the 2012 Rule 5 Draft from the Boston Red Sox organization and made the Astros opening day roster after posting a 2.31 ERA in 12 spring training appearances. Fields had faced just two batters this season.
Clemens made one start for Oklahoma City this season.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Report: Seahawks to re-sign Anthony McCoy
- Seahawks' Luke Willson agrees to go to high school prom
- Seahawks keep Michael Bennett with four-year deal
- Report: Seahawks favorites for Michael Bennett
- Trading for Graham would cost the Seahawks a fortune
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- More Seattle Mariners »