Updated Apr 8, 2013 - 6:23 pm
Astros recall Clemens, place Fields on DL
SEATTLE (AP) - Reliever Josh Fields has been placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Houston Astros with a right forearm strain.
The Astros made the move on Monday ahead of their series opener against the Seattle Mariners, retroactive to April 4. Houston recalled Paul Clemens from Triple-A Oklahoma City to take Fields' spot. It is Clemens first appearance on an active major league roster.
Fields was the first-round draft pick of the Mariners in 2008. He was taken in the first-round of the 2012 Rule 5 Draft from the Boston Red Sox organization and made the Astros opening day roster after posting a 2.31 ERA in 12 spring training appearances. Fields had faced just two batters this season.
Clemens made one start for Oklahoma City this season.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- Mariners promote Nick Franklin; move Morrison to DL
- Don't expect to see big changes in M's lineup soon
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: No. 4, Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- More Seattle Seahawks »