Updated Apr 16, 2013 - 6:19 pm
Seattle recalls RHP Medina from Triple-A
SEATTLE (AP) - Pitcher Yoervis Medina was recalled by the Seattle Mariners from Triple-A Tacoma to take an open spot in the bullpen after right-hander Stephen Pryor was placed on the 15-day disabled list.
Seattle made the move before Tuesday's opener of a three-game series against Detroit. Pryor was placed on the DL after leaving Sunday's game against Texas with a muscle tear in his right lat. Manager Eric Wedge said Tuesday that it will likely be longer than two weeks that Pryor is out.
Medina had allowed one earned run in six innings for Tacoma early in the season. The 24-year-old impressed the Mariners staff during spring training.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »