Updated Apr 16, 2013 - 6:19 pm
Seattle recalls RHP Medina from Triple-A
SEATTLE (AP) - Pitcher Yoervis Medina was recalled by the Seattle Mariners from Triple-A Tacoma to take an open spot in the bullpen after right-hander Stephen Pryor was placed on the 15-day disabled list.
Seattle made the move before Tuesday's opener of a three-game series against Detroit. Pryor was placed on the DL after leaving Sunday's game against Texas with a muscle tear in his right lat. Manager Eric Wedge said Tuesday that it will likely be longer than two weeks that Pryor is out.
Medina had allowed one earned run in six innings for Tacoma early in the season. The 24-year-old impressed the Mariners staff during spring training.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »