Updated Apr 16, 2013 - 6:19 pm
Seattle recalls RHP Medina from Triple-A
SEATTLE (AP) - Pitcher Yoervis Medina was recalled by the Seattle Mariners from Triple-A Tacoma to take an open spot in the bullpen after right-hander Stephen Pryor was placed on the 15-day disabled list.
Seattle made the move before Tuesday's opener of a three-game series against Detroit. Pryor was placed on the DL after leaving Sunday's game against Texas with a muscle tear in his right lat. Manager Eric Wedge said Tuesday that it will likely be longer than two weeks that Pryor is out.
Medina had allowed one earned run in six innings for Tacoma early in the season. The 24-year-old impressed the Mariners staff during spring training.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- M's notebook: Updates on Iwakuma, Paxton and more
- Maurer to start for Mariners on Sunday
- More Seattle Mariners »
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- Seahawks' preseason dates, times announced
- Seahawks' Zach Miller glad to be back after pay cut
- Seahawks Russell Wilson most popular pro athlete in Washington state
- 3 thoughts on the Seahawks' trade for Terrelle Pryor
- Nevada man sues Seahawks, NFL for $50 million over limiting playoff ticket sales
- More Seattle Seahawks »