Updated Apr 16, 2013 - 6:19 pm
Seattle recalls RHP Medina from Triple-A
SEATTLE (AP) - Pitcher Yoervis Medina was recalled by the Seattle Mariners from Triple-A Tacoma to take an open spot in the bullpen after right-hander Stephen Pryor was placed on the 15-day disabled list.
Seattle made the move before Tuesday's opener of a three-game series against Detroit. Pryor was placed on the DL after leaving Sunday's game against Texas with a muscle tear in his right lat. Manager Eric Wedge said Tuesday that it will likely be longer than two weeks that Pryor is out.
Medina had allowed one earned run in six innings for Tacoma early in the season. The 24-year-old impressed the Mariners staff during spring training.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- The Pete Carroll Show
Surgery upcoming for Seahawks' K.J. Wright
- Shannon Drayer
M's notes, links from Day 1 of the winter meetings
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright to have surgery on broken foot
- Seahawks burned again by 49ers' Frank Gore
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »