Updated May 2, 2013 - 2:55 pm
Mariners add Brown to coaching staff
The Mariners announced the move on Thursday. Earlier this week, third-base coach Jeff Datz announced he had been diagnosed with cancer and could be missing time while he seeks treatment options. The Mariners said Brown will be an extra coach and fill-in third-base coach when Datz is away.
Brown has been the manager of the Mariners' Triple-A affiliate in Tacoma and has worked as a manager in the Mariners farm system for the last 13 seasons.
Minor league catching coordinator John Stearns will take over as Tacoma's manager.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Reports: O'Brien Schofield signs with Giants
- Report: Golden Tate set to visit Lions
- Reports: Walter Thurmond set to visit with Jaguars
- Reports: Clinton McDonald reaches deal with Bucs
- Bennett's deal shows Seahawks will reward their own
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- M's reportedly interested in White Sox OF Viciedo
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- More Seattle Mariners »