Updated May 2, 2013 - 2:55 pm
Mariners add Brown to coaching staff
The Mariners announced the move on Thursday. Earlier this week, third-base coach Jeff Datz announced he had been diagnosed with cancer and could be missing time while he seeks treatment options. The Mariners said Brown will be an extra coach and fill-in third-base coach when Datz is away.
Brown has been the manager of the Mariners' Triple-A affiliate in Tacoma and has worked as a manager in the Mariners farm system for the last 13 seasons.
Minor league catching coordinator John Stearns will take over as Tacoma's manager.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Shannon Drayer
Bloomquist talks about his return to Mariners
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- Person of Interest: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- More Seattle Mariners »