Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 11:42 am
Felix, Iwakuma to represent M's in All-Star Game
The Seattle Mariners have two of the top starting pitchers in the MLB this season, and they'll both be able to showcase their talents at the All-Star Game at the New York Mets' Citi Field July 16.
Mariners ace Felix Hernandez was named to his fourth American League All-Star team on Saturday, and fellow right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma was selected as an All-Star for the first time.
Hernandez and Iwakuma have both hovered near the top of the leaderboard in several pitching categories this season. Hernandez (8-4) ranks fifth in the Majors in strikeouts (130), 10th in ERA (2.69), and 21st in WHIP (1.11). Iwakuma (7-4) is eighth in ERA (2.60), ninth in batting average-against (.204), and is the MLB leader with a 0.88 WHIP.
Hernandez was the Mariners' lone All-Star last season. The franchise hasn't had a position player named to the team since Ichiro Suzuki in 2010.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- More Seattle Mariners »