Updated Jul 12, 2013 - 2:43 pm
M's moves: Ramirez, Beaven demoted
Erasmo Ramirez's return to the Mariners' starting rotation did not last long.
Ramirez was optioned to Single-A Everett on Friday, a day after he was touched up by the Boston Red Sox for seven earned runs on six hits and four walks in 4 2/3 innings in his first MLB game of 2013.
Long reliever Blake Beavan was also sent down to Triple-A Tacoma, while left-hander Bobby LaFramboise and right-hander Hector Noesi were both recalled to Seattle from Tacoma.
Ramirez, 23, was sidelined for the first two months of the season with a sore right elbow. His demotion to Everett will allow him to continue making regular starts through next week's MLB All-Star break.
Beaven, 24, has an 0-2 record and 6.13 ERA in 12 games over two stints with the Mariners this season.
Noesi is returning to Seattle for the third time this year. The 26-year-old is 0-1 with a 4.74 ERA in 19 innings at the MLB level, and 2-1 with a 7.20 ERA in eight games (five starts) with Tacoma.
LaFramboise, 26, is joining Seattle for the second time this year. He's pitched just 2.1 innings for the Mariners, and is 4-0 with a 3.86 ERA in 29 appearances for Tacoma.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- M's notebook: Updates on Iwakuma, Paxton and more
- Maurer to start for Mariners on Sunday
- More Seattle Mariners »
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- Seahawks' preseason dates, times announced
- Seahawks' Zach Miller glad to be back after pay cut
- Seahawks Russell Wilson most popular pro athlete in Washington state
- 3 thoughts on the Seahawks' trade for Terrelle Pryor
- Nevada man sues Seahawks, NFL for $50 million over limiting playoff ticket sales
- More Seattle Seahawks »