Updated Jul 25, 2013 - 2:51 pm
Doctors believe Eric Wedge suffered mild stroke
Mariners manager Eric Wedge was released from the hospital Wednesday, two days after suffering what doctors believe was a mild stroke that caused him to experience dizzy spells.
General manager Jack Zduriencik told reporters after Wednesday's 10-1 loss to Cleveland that Wedge is feeling well and that he's expected to make a full recovery but that he won't manage the team during its upcoming series against Minnesota or the roadtrip to Boston and Baltimore that follows.
"We expect him to be back sooner than later. He's excited. He sounds normal. I talked to him and he sounds like everything is fine and he's ready to roll, but again we're going to err on the side of caution," Zduriencik said. "I think the common-sense thing is just to have Eric rest and it makes sense that he won't take this trip to the East Coast. While we're gone he'll be evaluated and we'll see where we stand when we come back."
Bench coach Robby Thompson will continue to manage the team in Wedge's absence.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Shannon Drayer
Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- 49ers remind fans about 'home field advantage plan'
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- What we learned from Seahawks' win over Saints
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- More Seattle Mariners »