Updated Jul 29, 2013 - 11:42 am
Mariners activate Michael Morse, DFA Jason Bay
The Mariners have recalled Michael Morse from a rehab assignment, activated him from the 15-day disabled list and designated fellow outfielder Jason Bay for assignment.
The Mariners announced the moves on Monday, a day before beginning an East Coast roadtrip that includes series against the Red Sox and Orioles. Morse will join the team in Boston on Tuesday after a spending five weeks on the disabled list with a strained right quadriceps muscle, an injury he sustained in late May.
Morse, 31, was hitting .251 with 11 home runs and 23 RBIs in 56 games before the injury. He appeared in six games on a rehab assignment with Triple-A Tacoma, hitting .250 with a home run and two RBIs.
Bay, 34, saw his playing time decrease significantly over the last month and a half as Endy Chavez has been used more often as the Mariners' fourth outfielder. Bay hit .204 with 11 home runs and 20 RBIs in 68 games this season.
The Mariners have 10 days to trade, release or outright his contract to the minors.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- Person of Interest: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- More Seattle Mariners »