Updated Jan 19, 2014 - 12:36 pm
Smoak, Morrison swap arbitration figures with Ms
Logan Morrison, acquired from Miami during the offseason, requested $2.5 million and was offered $1.1 million.
Both were eligible for arbitration for the first time, and if they don't settle they will be scheduled for hearings next month in St. Petersburg, Fla. Smoak made $514,000 last year and Morrison $491,500.
Smoak hit .239 with 20 homers and 50 RBIs last year. Morrison, acquired for right-hander Carter Capps, has not been able to match the power he showed during the 2011 season when he hit 23 homers with 72 RBIs.
Morrison had right knee surgery in September 2012 and missed the first two months of the 2013 season. He .242 with six homers and 36 RBIs in 85 games year.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's reportedly interested in White Sox OF Viciedo
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- More Seattle Mariners »