Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 11:35 am
Women's soccer league to include Portland, Seattle
The other teams are based in Boston, Chicago, western New York, New Jersey, Kansas City and Washington, D.C.
The season is expected to start in March or April and conclude in September or October.
Portland Timbers owner Merritt Paulson will also invest in the women's league. He said Wednesday that the Timbers are pleased to do their part to help establish a top-flight women's league in the United States.
Paulson says the new team's name and logo will be released in the coming weeks.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »