Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 9:56 am
Dates set aside at KeyArena for return of the Seattle Sonics
City Council member Tim Burgess told KING 5 that dates for an NBA schedule have been set aside on the KeyArena calendar, "In anticipation that the Sonics awarded back to Seattle, yes."
The city council will be briefed on the latest on the arena deal Monday morning. This comes just three days after a King County judge threw out one of the two lawsuits against the arena.
A judge tossed out the lawsuit brought by the longshoreman's union on Friday. It argued the deal between the city and county with investor Chris Hansen violated state law.
There is still another lawsuit pending.
As for the potential move of the Sacramento Kings to Seattle, Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson promised to unveil a new investment group this week, and their city council is considering a new arena plan too.
The NBA is expected to make a decision on the sale of the Kings and their move to Seattle in April.
Follow Chris Sullivan, KIRO Radio Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Greg Scruggs
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- More Seattle Seahawks »