Updated Mar 13, 2013 - 7:38 pm
Hansen unveils first interior Seattle arena designs ahead of ticket wait list
The newly released designs show a seating bowl far steeper than other contemporary arenas, with what his design team calls three stacked balconies called "Sonic Rings" circling the top of the arena, which Hansen says will increase the intimacy, noise and intensity of the arena by putting thousands of more fans closer to the action.
In addition to luxury suites around the middle section of the arena bowl, the designs also feature lower level "pocket" suites located less than ten rows off the floor—and even closer to the ice. Hansen says they're designed to give direct suite access to the suite holders without creating an unsightly gap in the camera view of the lower seating level.
Hansen also confirmed the iconic feature of the exterior is meant to be a "Supersonic Jet Turbine."
The unveiling of the interior designs is strategically timed to coincide with the the launch of Hansen's Priority Ticket Waiting List, which goes live Thursday morning.
The list of names is believed to be a key selling point for Hansen when he makes his case to NBA owners early next month in his effort to win approval of his purchase of the Sacramento Kings. A rival team of investors in California is making its own bid to purchase the team from the majority owners and keep it in Sacramento along with building a new arena.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- Person of Interest: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- More Seattle Mariners »