Updated Mar 13, 2013 - 7:38 pm
Hansen unveils first interior Seattle arena designs ahead of ticket wait list
The newly released designs show a seating bowl far steeper than other contemporary arenas, with what his design team calls three stacked balconies called "Sonic Rings" circling the top of the arena, which Hansen says will increase the intimacy, noise and intensity of the arena by putting thousands of more fans closer to the action.
In addition to luxury suites around the middle section of the arena bowl, the designs also feature lower level "pocket" suites located less than ten rows off the floor—and even closer to the ice. Hansen says they're designed to give direct suite access to the suite holders without creating an unsightly gap in the camera view of the lower seating level.
Hansen also confirmed the iconic feature of the exterior is meant to be a "Supersonic Jet Turbine."
The unveiling of the interior designs is strategically timed to coincide with the the launch of Hansen's Priority Ticket Waiting List, which goes live Thursday morning.
The list of names is believed to be a key selling point for Hansen when he makes his case to NBA owners early next month in his effort to win approval of his purchase of the Sacramento Kings. A rival team of investors in California is making its own bid to purchase the team from the majority owners and keep it in Sacramento along with building a new arena.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
- Danny O'Neil
John Moffitt pleads guilty to disorderly conduct
- Brock and Danny
Position aside, who's the Seahawks' best player?
- The John Clayton Show
Sherman wants to change secondary stereotypes
- Seattle gives up 21 hits in Angels' 11-3 win
- LA Angels belt Seattle with 21 hits in 11-3 win
- Blowers on Baseball: Franklin off to a good start
- Video: Updates on Justin Smoak, Dustin Ackley
- Was Henry Blanco's debut the best in M's history?
- A less than pleasant Sunday in Oakland
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seahawks' Moffitt pleads guilty to disorderly conduct
- Seahawks' Earl Thomas is on the cusp of greatness
- Sherman wants to change secondary stereotypes
- On Marshawn Lynch's ranking on NFL's Top 100 list
- Where Seahawks-49ers ranks among NFL rivalries
- 'Hawk Talk' highlights: Tom Cable's coaching future
- More Seattle Seahawks »