Updated Mar 13, 2013 - 7:38 pm
Hansen unveils first interior Seattle arena designs ahead of ticket wait list
The newly released designs show a seating bowl far steeper than other contemporary arenas, with what his design team calls three stacked balconies called "Sonic Rings" circling the top of the arena, which Hansen says will increase the intimacy, noise and intensity of the arena by putting thousands of more fans closer to the action.
In addition to luxury suites around the middle section of the arena bowl, the designs also feature lower level "pocket" suites located less than ten rows off the floor—and even closer to the ice. Hansen says they're designed to give direct suite access to the suite holders without creating an unsightly gap in the camera view of the lower seating level.
Hansen also confirmed the iconic feature of the exterior is meant to be a "Supersonic Jet Turbine."
The unveiling of the interior designs is strategically timed to coincide with the the launch of Hansen's Priority Ticket Waiting List, which goes live Thursday morning.
The list of names is believed to be a key selling point for Hansen when he makes his case to NBA owners early next month in his effort to win approval of his purchase of the Sacramento Kings. A rival team of investors in California is making its own bid to purchase the team from the majority owners and keep it in Sacramento along with building a new arena.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »