Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 1:23 pm
Report: Chris Hansen grabs even more ownership of Kings
KING-TV reports that Kings minority owner Bob Cook has agreed to sell his 7 percent stake in the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Balmer Group in Seattle.
That would give the Seattle group 72 percent of the team, if both this deal and the deal struck with the Maloof Family for 65 percent of the team are approved by the NBA.
"This is one of the tricks they've had up their sleeves, just waiting for the right time to execute it. I'm told it's been in the works for awhile now," KING-TV's Chris Daniels told 710 ESPN Seattle's Brock Huard.
This small stake in the team was sold for a reported $15 million.
The NBA will consider the sale and the potential move of the Kings to Seattle next week in New York.
Sacramento is still working on its own deal to keep the Kings. On Tuesday, a 7-2 city council vote created a non-binding agreement to build a $448 million arena in the city's Downtown Plaza.
More than half of the money will come from a city subsidy coming from downtown parking revenues. But the new arena plan is also packaged with four billionaires backing a plan to buy the team, and Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson believes it's enough to keep the team.
You might also be interested in:
Follow Chris Sullivan, KIRO Radio Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- The Pete Carroll Show
Surgery upcoming for Seahawks' K.J. Wright
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright to have surgery on broken foot
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »