Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 6:21 pm
Chris Hansen responds to allegations of kickbacks and subsidies
On his blog dedicated to building a home for the Seattle SuperSonics in the SoDo neighborhood, Hansen wrote he was surprised to see The Seattle Times editorial writers run with the report from Sonics without Subsidies, opponents of an arena. He said the report was "rife with errors in legal interpretation, math, and basic reasoning."
Hansen reminded his supporters his proposal has been vetted by both Seattle and King County and their independent legal counsels.
"Based solely on the apparent legal expertise of the Times' Editorial Board and a biased report paid for by the opposition, the MOU is apparently illegal and our group is apparently receiving over $700 million in illegal subsidies. Great work. I guess everyone else involved just missed this."
Hansen included five points where the report is wrong. He also said he and his group are currently going through Seattle's environmental and design review processes.
"Without getting into a lot of detail, I can say that I am pleased with the progress we have made," wrote Hansen.
Follow Stephanie Klein, MyNorthwest.com Editor
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- Report: Seahawks tender RFA Jeron Johnson
- Russell Wilson's Rangers jersey a top MLB seller
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson turned down 'Dancing with the Stars'
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- 'Cactus League Report' recap and podcast
- Mariners notebook: Taijuan Walker on his way back
- Mariners' outfield defense can be much better in 2014
- Mariners notebook: Seager just about ready for action
- More Seattle Mariners »