Updated Jun 1, 2012 - 5:02 pm
OKC Thunder explain ticket sale restrictions that leave Sonics fans out
Steve Bellows, a life-long Sonics fan was trying to go to Thursday or Saturday's game. Then he encountered a restriction on the TicketMaster website.
The ticketing giant posted a notice that tickets to Western Conference Final games may only be sold to residents of Oklahoma, and portions of Kansas and Arkansas.
"I went on an NBA boycott after they left," Bellows said. "And they still have (Nick) Collison and (Kevin) Durant and stuff, and I still root for them."
He was planning to wear Sonics gear, because despite his cheers for the Thunder athletes, he still feels like they are the Sonics.
It's unfair according to Bellows, even going as far to question the ticket sales' legality and morality.
The Thunder responded to questions of their limited tickets on Friday. A majority of the seats in Chesapeake Energy Arena are owned by more than 14,000 season ticket holders, according to an NBA-Thunder spokesperson.
Because that means a limited number of tickets remain, "We want to focus on making them available to fans in our region," said Dan Mahoney with OKC Thunder in an email.
Mahoney said that they recommend using a ticket exchange program that doesn't have the same geographical restrictions as TicketMaster. "We would always encourage them to visit our Thunder TicketExchange, an online opportunity to buy tickets from our season ticket members."
Follow MyNorthwest.com, Staff report
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
- Gary Hill
The real reason for the Mariners' struggles
- Brock Huard
Where Russell Wilson has shown the most growth
- Bob and Groz
Which Seahawk is most impacted by Harvin?
- Where Russell Wilson has shown the most growth
- Which Seahawk is most impacted by Percy Harvin?
- Taking issue with Marshawn Lynch's OTA absence
- Another PED ban doesn't mean Seahawks are cheaters
- Strong reviews for Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin
- Bruce Irvin's misstep changes Seahawks' outlook
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle MF Evans added to US training camp roster
- Johnson scores twice as Sounders beat FC Dallas
- Neagle's two goals lifts Sounders over Earthquakes
- Traore lifts Sounders to 1-0 win over Sporting KC
- Martin lifts Sounders past Rapids 1-0
- Sounders sign former Virginia forward Will Bates
- More Sounders FC »