Updated Aug 30, 2012 - 10:21 am
Investor reportedly rebuffed in NBA franchise bid
Carmichael Dave claimed on his radio show that sources close to the team say the Maloof family, owners of the Sacramento Kings, rejected the offer from the Seattle billionaire seeking to build a new arena.
A spokesman for Hansen says the investor won't comment on the reports as part of his long-standing position to not discuss any other NBA franchise.
Dave said sources tell him the Maloof family were "looking more to relocate than to sell."
The Maloofs have been rumored to be in talks to move the franchise to Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Hansen earlier this week completed the purchase of enough land in Seattle's SoDo neighborhood to build a new arena if approved by the Seattle City Council. A vote is expected next month.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Why just 1 prime-time home game for the Seahawks?
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Greg Scruggs
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- More Seattle Seahawks »