Updated Aug 30, 2012 - 10:21 am
Investor reportedly rebuffed in NBA franchise bid
Carmichael Dave claimed on his radio show that sources close to the team say the Maloof family, owners of the Sacramento Kings, rejected the offer from the Seattle billionaire seeking to build a new arena.
A spokesman for Hansen says the investor won't comment on the reports as part of his long-standing position to not discuss any other NBA franchise.
Dave said sources tell him the Maloof family were "looking more to relocate than to sell."
The Maloofs have been rumored to be in talks to move the franchise to Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Hansen earlier this week completed the purchase of enough land in Seattle's SoDo neighborhood to build a new arena if approved by the Seattle City Council. A vote is expected next month.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- Person of Interest: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- More Seattle Mariners »