Updated Apr 12, 2013 - 8:51 am
Seattle makes deal with Brady Quinn official
Quinn's deal was finalized on Thursday, but terms of the contract were not available. Quinn and the Seahawks agreed to terms of the contract earlier this week.
Quinn joins Josh Portis as the expected backups to Wilson. Quinn played last year for the Chiefs, starting eight games. It was his first regular-season playing time since the 2009 season.
Backup safety Chris Maragos also signed his one-year contract tender on Thursday. Maragos was a restricted free agent and a special teams standout for the Seahawks last season.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
You might also be interested in:
- Brock Huard
'No way in the world' that Russell Wilson is No. 51
- Bob and Groz
Is replacing Zduriencik the right move for M's?
- John Clayton
Video: Clayton trains for his big moment at Safeco
- Seattle drops 7th straight in 9-5 loss to Texas
- Berkman, Baker power Texas past Seattle 9-5
- Seattle designates Andino calls up Sucre, Triunfel
- With Andino reportedly on waivers and Miller on the move, what's next for the Mariners?
- Law: Zduriencik's seat 'getting hotter by the day'
- Zduriencik says Ackley, Harang staying put for now
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seattle MF Evans added to US training camp roster
- Johnson scores twice as Sounders beat FC Dallas
- Neagle's two goals lifts Sounders over Earthquakes
- Traore lifts Sounders to 1-0 win over Sporting KC
- Martin lifts Sounders past Rapids 1-0
- Sounders sign former Virginia forward Will Bates
- More Sounders FC »