Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 2:48 pm
Nate Silver uses expertise to predict Seahawks loss against Jets
On the New York Times' 538 blog, Silver accurately predicted how each state would sway in the presidential vote. His other predictions were accurate too, save a North Dakota Senate race.
Silver is now out promoting his book, "The Signal and the Noise" and tackling the National Football League.
RotoExperts asked Silver to take a try at predicting all 14 NFL games this week. What math he used to predict the games is unclear (he used polling data for his political predictions.) He is, however, going against Seattle fans, and estimates the Jets will pull out a win at CenturyLink Field on Sunday.
Silver's prediction goes against the instincts of 710 ESPN Seattle's Jim Moore, who said the Seahawks don't have a reason to fear the Jets in the match-up.
A Jets win isn't the only upset predicted by Silver. He also said New Orleans will win over an undefeated Atlanta and Tampa Bay will win over San Diego.
MyNorthwest.com's Michael Simeona contributed to this report.
Follow Alyssa Kleven, MyNorthwest.com Editor
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Giants game will be prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin sits out again
- Giants game will be a prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Seahawks fans outraged by depiction in Dr. Dre commercial
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle signs Hart, acquires Morrison
- Mariners agree to deal with Corey Hart, reportedly acquire Logan Morrison in trade
- Report paints an ugly picture of Mariners' front office
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- More Seattle Mariners »