Updated Nov 20, 2012 - 4:24 pm
Seahawks rookie Winston Guy suspended 4 games
The league announced the suspension Tuesday. He will begin the suspension immediately and will be eligible to rejoin Seattle's active roster Dec. 17.
Guy's agent, Greg Linton, says the positive test was the result of an ingredient found in an over-the-counter supplement that his client took. He says Guy has no intentions of appealing his suspension and called it an innocent mistake.
Guy, a sixth-round pick out of Kentucky, has been active for only two of 10 games this season.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Michael Bennett: 'Why would I ever want to leave?'
- Report: Seahawks to re-sign Anthony McCoy
- Seahawks' Luke Willson agrees to go to high school prom
- Seahawks keep Michael Bennett with four-year deal
- Report: Seahawks favorites for Michael Bennett
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- M's reportedly interested in White Sox OF Viciedo
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- More Seattle Mariners »