Updated Nov 20, 2012 - 4:24 pm
Seahawks rookie Winston Guy suspended 4 games
The league announced the suspension Tuesday. He will begin the suspension immediately and will be eligible to rejoin Seattle's active roster Dec. 17.
Guy's agent, Greg Linton, says the positive test was the result of an ingredient found in an over-the-counter supplement that his client took. He says Guy has no intentions of appealing his suspension and called it an innocent mistake.
Guy, a sixth-round pick out of Kentucky, has been active for only two of 10 games this season.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Brady Henderson
Seahawks burned again by 49ers' Frank Gore
- Brady Henderson
Seahawks notebook: Penalties add up in loss
- Shannon Drayer
M's should be busy at baseball's winter meetings
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright to have surgery on broken foot
- Seahawks burned again by 49ers' Frank Gore
- 5 things to know after 49ers edge Seahawks 19-17
- Seahawks' slugfest loss an example of what to expect
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- More Seattle Mariners »