Updated Nov 20, 2012 - 4:24 pm
Seahawks rookie Winston Guy suspended 4 games
The league announced the suspension Tuesday. He will begin the suspension immediately and will be eligible to rejoin Seattle's active roster Dec. 17.
Guy's agent, Greg Linton, says the positive test was the result of an ingredient found in an over-the-counter supplement that his client took. He says Guy has no intentions of appealing his suspension and called it an innocent mistake.
Guy, a sixth-round pick out of Kentucky, has been active for only two of 10 games this season.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- More Seattle Seahawks »