Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 7:52 am
Sprinklers briefly interrupt Miami-Seattle game
MIAMI (AP) - Even for the Seattle Seahawks, the mid-game shower was a novelty.
A computer glitch caused stadium lawn sprinklers to douse the Seahawks and Miami Dolphins during the third quarter Sunday. The computer was erroneously working on its Saturday schedule, a Dolphins spokesman said.
Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson said the Seahawks were unfazed.
"I think they're used to the rain," he said.
On a cloudless afternoon, the sprinklers came on between plays and covered most of the field, drawing a cheer from an amused crowd and prompting a brief delay. The sprinklers were quickly turned off, and players toweled off before the action resumed.
"I never saw that before, not even in high school," Miami receiver Davone Bess said. "It was pretty cool."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »