Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 7:52 am
Sprinklers briefly interrupt Miami-Seattle game
MIAMI (AP) - Even for the Seattle Seahawks, the mid-game shower was a novelty.
A computer glitch caused stadium lawn sprinklers to douse the Seahawks and Miami Dolphins during the third quarter Sunday. The computer was erroneously working on its Saturday schedule, a Dolphins spokesman said.
Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson said the Seahawks were unfazed.
"I think they're used to the rain," he said.
On a cloudless afternoon, the sprinklers came on between plays and covered most of the field, drawing a cheer from an amused crowd and prompting a brief delay. The sprinklers were quickly turned off, and players toweled off before the action resumed.
"I never saw that before, not even in high school," Miami receiver Davone Bess said. "It was pretty cool."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Danny O'Neil
Seahawks notebook: Harvin held out of practice
- Shannon Drayer
Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- 49ers remind fans about 'home field advantage plan'
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- What we learned from Seahawks' win over Saints
- 12th Man flag to fly high above San Francisco Sunday
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- More Seattle Mariners »