Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 7:52 am
Sprinklers briefly interrupt Miami-Seattle game
MIAMI (AP) - Even for the Seattle Seahawks, the mid-game shower was a novelty.
A computer glitch caused stadium lawn sprinklers to douse the Seahawks and Miami Dolphins during the third quarter Sunday. The computer was erroneously working on its Saturday schedule, a Dolphins spokesman said.
Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson said the Seahawks were unfazed.
"I think they're used to the rain," he said.
On a cloudless afternoon, the sprinklers came on between plays and covered most of the field, drawing a cheer from an amused crowd and prompting a brief delay. The sprinklers were quickly turned off, and players toweled off before the action resumed.
"I never saw that before, not even in high school," Miami receiver Davone Bess said. "It was pretty cool."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- More Seattle Seahawks »