Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 7:52 am
Sprinklers briefly interrupt Miami-Seattle game
MIAMI (AP) - Even for the Seattle Seahawks, the mid-game shower was a novelty.
A computer glitch caused stadium lawn sprinklers to douse the Seahawks and Miami Dolphins during the third quarter Sunday. The computer was erroneously working on its Saturday schedule, a Dolphins spokesman said.
Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson said the Seahawks were unfazed.
"I think they're used to the rain," he said.
On a cloudless afternoon, the sprinklers came on between plays and covered most of the field, drawing a cheer from an amused crowd and prompting a brief delay. The sprinklers were quickly turned off, and players toweled off before the action resumed.
"I never saw that before, not even in high school," Miami receiver Davone Bess said. "It was pretty cool."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »