Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 2:09 pm
Seattle S Earl Thomas fined for hit on Tannehill
Thomas first tweeted about the fine, then confirmed it during the open locker room Wednesday. Thomas indicated in his tweet that he was fined $15,000.
Thomas' play became a huge turning point in the Dolphins' rally for a 24-21 win. Thomas came rushing at Tannehill and leapt in the air trying to knock down the pass, coming down and hitting Tannehill. The penalty wiped out a Seattle interception in the end zone and Miami scored on the next play to tie the game at 14-14 early in the fourth quarter.
Asked about the fine, Thomas said, "it's the NFL. That's all I've got to say about it."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
- Danny O'Neil
John Moffitt pleads guilty to disorderly conduct
- Brock and Danny
Position aside, who's the Seahawks' best player?
- The John Clayton Show
Sherman wants to change secondary stereotypes
- Blowers on Baseball: Franklin off to a good start
- Video: Updates on Justin Smoak, Dustin Ackley
- Was Henry Blanco's debut the best in M's history?
- A less than pleasant Sunday in Oakland
- Sewage problem puts A's, M's in same locker room
- Iwakuma loses 1st game in 10 starts as A's top M's
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seahawks' Moffitt pleads guilty to disorderly conduct
- Seahawks' Earl Thomas is on the cusp of greatness
- Sherman wants to change secondary stereotypes
- On Marshawn Lynch's ranking on NFL's Top 100 list
- Where Seahawks-49ers ranks among NFL rivalries
- 'Hawk Talk' highlights: Tom Cable's coaching future
- More Seattle Seahawks »