Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 2:09 pm
Seattle S Earl Thomas fined for hit on Tannehill
Thomas first tweeted about the fine, then confirmed it during the open locker room Wednesday. Thomas indicated in his tweet that he was fined $15,000.
Thomas' play became a huge turning point in the Dolphins' rally for a 24-21 win. Thomas came rushing at Tannehill and leapt in the air trying to knock down the pass, coming down and hitting Tannehill. The penalty wiped out a Seattle interception in the end zone and Miami scored on the next play to tie the game at 14-14 early in the fourth quarter.
Asked about the fine, Thomas said, "it's the NFL. That's all I've got to say about it."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- More Seattle Mariners »