Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 2:09 pm
Seattle S Earl Thomas fined for hit on Tannehill
Thomas first tweeted about the fine, then confirmed it during the open locker room Wednesday. Thomas indicated in his tweet that he was fined $15,000.
Thomas' play became a huge turning point in the Dolphins' rally for a 24-21 win. Thomas came rushing at Tannehill and leapt in the air trying to knock down the pass, coming down and hitting Tannehill. The penalty wiped out a Seattle interception in the end zone and Miami scored on the next play to tie the game at 14-14 early in the fourth quarter.
Asked about the fine, Thomas said, "it's the NFL. That's all I've got to say about it."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »