Updated Sep 15, 2013 - 9:44 pm
49ers lose NT Williams; Seahawks LT hurts foot
SEATTLE (AP) - The San Francisco 49ers has lost starting nose tackle Ian Williams to a leg injury suffered in the first quarter and safety Eric Reid to a concussion against the Seattle Seahawks.
Williams was injured when he was being cut block by J.R. Sweezy midway through the quarter on Sunday night. Williams' left ankle was caught underneath as Sweezy made the block on a 2-yard run by Marshawn Lynch. He was down on the field for a few minutes before being helped off by a pair of trainers, putting very little weight on his left leg.
The 49ers announced later in the quarter that Williams would not return. Williams was replaced in the lineup by Glenn Dorsey, who sacked Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson on the next series.
Reid was injured when he came up to hit Sidney Rice on a completion across the middle with 1:49 left in the first half. Reid was on his back for nearly 5 minutes surrounded by 49ers medical staff before standing up and being helped off the field.
Seattle starting left tackle Russell Okung was injured on the final play of the first quarter, suffering a left foot injury. Okung limped off the field and was later taken to the locker room on a cart to be examined. He returned to the sideline but was a spectator.
AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Shannon Drayer
Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- 49ers remind fans about 'home field advantage plan'
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- More Seattle Mariners »