Updated May 30, 2013 - 4:16 pm
Seattle signs last of draft picks: Simon and Bowie
RENTON, Wash. (AP) - The Seattle Seahawks signed their two remaining unsigned draft picks, cornerback Tharold Simon and offensive tackle Michael Bowie on Thursday.
The multi-year deals were announced by the team. Terms of the contracts were not released.
Simon was selected with the 138th overall pick in the fifth-round out of LSU, while Bowie was taken in the seventh round with the team's final pick in the draft. Simon was drafted just two days after he was arrested in his hometown of Eunice, La., on charges of public intimidation, resisting an officer and a noise violation. He was released on bond. Simon claimed a series of misunderstandings and an overzealous police officer led to his arrest.
Simon started at cornerback for LSU in 2012, leading the team with four interceptions and nine pass breakups. He was a regular in 2011 in passing situations, but was one of three Tigers suspended one game _ along with defensive back Tyrann Mathieu and running back Spencer Ware _ for testing positive for synthetic marijuana.
Bowie started his career at Oklahoma State before leaving before the start of his senior season after violating team rules. He was expected to start at left tackle for Oklahoma State last season before transferring.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Shannon Drayer
M's notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- The Pete Carroll Show
K.J. Wright stood out in Seahawks' dominant win
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- 49ers remind fans about 'home field advantage plan'
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- What we learned from Seahawks' win over Saints
- 12th Man flag to fly high above San Francisco Sunday
- The Pete Carroll Show: Praise for K.J. Wright
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- Mariners President, COO Chuck Armstrong to retire
- More Seattle Mariners »