Updated Jan 21, 2013 - 2:02 pm
Russell Wilson added to Pro Bowl roster
Wilson will replace the Falcons' Matt Ryan, who suffered a shoulder injury in Sunday's NFC championship loss to the 49ers, ESPN's Mike Sando reported.
Ryan will miss the game, as will Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers and Washington's Robert Griffen III, who also pulled out because of injuries.
Wilson finished his stellar first season passing for 3,118 yards and 26 touchdowns in leading Seattle to the second round of the playoffs.
Wilson is the Seahawks' first Pro Bowl quarterback since Matt Hasselbeck and the first quarterback in team history to achieve Pro Bowl status for the team as one of its own draft choices, Sando reports.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Brady Henderson
Seahawks burned again by 49ers' Frank Gore
- Brady Henderson
Seahawks notebook: Penalties add up in loss
- Shannon Drayer
Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Cano
- 5 things to know after 49ers edge Seahawks 19-17
- Seahawks' slugfest loss an example of what to expect
- Seahawks notebook: 'The penalties, they killed us'
- Column: Road to Super Bowl still through Seattle
- 49ers edge Seahawks 19-17 after late field goal
- Seahawks missing Percy Harvin as expected
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- More Seattle Mariners »