Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 1:48 pm
Salk: Harvin too costly for Seahawks
Harvin is expected to make $2.9 million in 2013. That's far less than other top receivers, and there's plenty of talk the disgruntled wide out wants big-time money. After all, Tampa Bay's Vincent Jackson - the top free agent wide receiver last offseason -- signed a five-year, $55.5 million deal last March.
Percy Harvin (AP)
Reports say the Vikings are looking to trade Harvin, who has had a rocky relationship with head coach Leslie Frazier and other players and coaches since he was drafted in the first-round back in 2009.
He could be appealing to a lot of teams, including the Seahawks. But 710 ESPN Seattle's Mike Salk says the price and the problems would be too much.
In today's Brock and Salk Show recap, Salk says even if Seattle could trade for Harvin, he's just not worth $10 million or more, especially with young stars like Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman looking at new deals down the road.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Why just 1 prime-time home game for the Seahawks?
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Greg Scruggs
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- More Seattle Seahawks »