Updated Mar 25, 2013 - 10:52 am
Damaged goods? Bennett reportedly has torn rotator cuff
Did the Seahawks take a shot on damaged goods? Newly signed defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting.
Schefter says he learned of the injury from a league source. It would explain why Bennett inked just a one-year contract worth a reported $5 million, despite coming off a a career-high nine sacks last season for the Buccaneers. He started all 16 games for the first time in his career despite playing much of the season with a then undisclosed shoulder injury.
There is no word yet about potential surgery or if the injury will cause Bennett to miss any practice or games.
Bennett, originally an undrafted free agent, has 15 sacks in 50 career games (28 starts).
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- Mariners promote Nick Franklin; move Morrison to DL
- Don't expect to see big changes in M's lineup soon
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: No. 4, Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- More Seattle Seahawks »