Updated Mar 25, 2013 - 10:52 am
Damaged goods? Bennett reportedly has torn rotator cuff
Did the Seahawks take a shot on damaged goods? Newly signed defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting.
Schefter says he learned of the injury from a league source. It would explain why Bennett inked just a one-year contract worth a reported $5 million, despite coming off a a career-high nine sacks last season for the Buccaneers. He started all 16 games for the first time in his career despite playing much of the season with a then undisclosed shoulder injury.
There is no word yet about potential surgery or if the injury will cause Bennett to miss any practice or games.
Bennett, originally an undrafted free agent, has 15 sacks in 50 career games (28 starts).
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- Report: Seahawks tender RFA Jeron Johnson
- Russell Wilson's Rangers jersey a top MLB seller
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson turned down 'Dancing with the Stars'
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- 'Cactus League Report' recap and podcast
- Mariners notebook: Taijuan Walker on his way back
- Mariners' outfield defense can be much better in 2014
- Mariners notebook: Seager just about ready for action
- More Seattle Mariners »