Updated Mar 25, 2013 - 10:52 am
Damaged goods? Bennett reportedly has torn rotator cuff
Did the Seahawks take a shot on damaged goods? Newly signed defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting.
Schefter says he learned of the injury from a league source. It would explain why Bennett inked just a one-year contract worth a reported $5 million, despite coming off a a career-high nine sacks last season for the Buccaneers. He started all 16 games for the first time in his career despite playing much of the season with a then undisclosed shoulder injury.
There is no word yet about potential surgery or if the injury will cause Bennett to miss any practice or games.
Bennett, originally an undrafted free agent, has 15 sacks in 50 career games (28 starts).
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- The Pete Carroll Show
Surgery upcoming for Seahawks' K.J. Wright
- Shannon Drayer
M's should be busy at baseball's winter meetings
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright to have surgery on broken foot
- Seahawks burned again by 49ers' Frank Gore
- Seahawks' slugfest loss an example of what to expect
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »