Updated Mar 25, 2013 - 10:52 am
Damaged goods? Bennett reportedly has torn rotator cuff
Did the Seahawks take a shot on damaged goods? Newly signed defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting.
Schefter says he learned of the injury from a league source. It would explain why Bennett inked just a one-year contract worth a reported $5 million, despite coming off a a career-high nine sacks last season for the Buccaneers. He started all 16 games for the first time in his career despite playing much of the season with a then undisclosed shoulder injury.
There is no word yet about potential surgery or if the injury will cause Bennett to miss any practice or games.
Bennett, originally an undrafted free agent, has 15 sacks in 50 career games (28 starts).
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's reportedly interested in White Sox OF Viciedo
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- More Seattle Mariners »