Updated Mar 25, 2013 - 10:52 am
Damaged goods? Bennett reportedly has torn rotator cuff
Did the Seahawks take a shot on damaged goods? Newly signed defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting.
Schefter says he learned of the injury from a league source. It would explain why Bennett inked just a one-year contract worth a reported $5 million, despite coming off a a career-high nine sacks last season for the Buccaneers. He started all 16 games for the first time in his career despite playing much of the season with a then undisclosed shoulder injury.
There is no word yet about potential surgery or if the injury will cause Bennett to miss any practice or games.
Bennett, originally an undrafted free agent, has 15 sacks in 50 career games (28 starts).
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Shannon Drayer
Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Shannon Drayer
M's notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- 49ers remind fans about 'home field advantage plan'
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- What we learned from Seahawks' win over Saints
- 12th Man flag to fly high above San Francisco Sunday
- The Pete Carroll Show: Praise for K.J. Wright
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- More Seattle Mariners »