Updated Jun 13, 2013 - 3:36 pm
No more big bags allowed at Seahawks games
In an effort to increase safety at the games, the NFL revealed new policy Thursday that limits bag size. Fans are only allowed to bring in "small clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." One gallon clear plastic freezer bags or clutches the size of your hand are also acceptable.
The NFL says exceptions will be made for medically necessary items that are inspected at the gates.
"Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size," according to a news release.
The new policy takes effect for preseason games. Similar policy has been adopted at college games, says the NFL.
Follow Stephanie Klein, MyNorthwest.com Editor
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- More Seattle Mariners »