Updated Jun 13, 2013 - 3:36 pm
No more big bags allowed at Seahawks games
In an effort to increase safety at the games, the NFL revealed new policy Thursday that limits bag size. Fans are only allowed to bring in "small clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." One gallon clear plastic freezer bags or clutches the size of your hand are also acceptable.
The NFL says exceptions will be made for medically necessary items that are inspected at the gates.
"Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size," according to a news release.
The new policy takes effect for preseason games. Similar policy has been adopted at college games, says the NFL.
Follow Stephanie Klein, MyNorthwest.com Editor
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- More Seattle Seahawks »