Updated Jun 13, 2013 - 3:36 pm
No more big bags allowed at Seahawks games
In an effort to increase safety at the games, the NFL revealed new policy Thursday that limits bag size. Fans are only allowed to bring in "small clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." One gallon clear plastic freezer bags or clutches the size of your hand are also acceptable.
The NFL says exceptions will be made for medically necessary items that are inspected at the gates.
"Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size," according to a news release.
The new policy takes effect for preseason games. Similar policy has been adopted at college games, says the NFL.
Follow Stephanie Klein, MyNorthwest.com Editor
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- The Huddle
Mariners' Cano, Hawks' Maragos join the show
- Danny O'Neil
Person of Interest: Giants quarterback Eli Manning
- Danny O'Neil
Giants game will be prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Person of Interest: Giants' Eli Manning
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson drafted by MLB's Rangers
- Smith stepping into important role for Seahawks
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin sits out again
- Giants game will be a prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Seahawks fans outraged by depiction in Dr. Dre commercial
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners make it official with Robinson Cano
- Mariners announce deal with Robinson Cano
- What's next for the Mariners after their latest moves?
- Seattle signs Hart, acquires Morrison
- Mariners agree to deal with Corey Hart, reportedly acquire Logan Morrison in trade
- Report paints an ugly picture of Mariners' front office
- More Seattle Mariners »