Updated Jun 13, 2013 - 3:36 pm
No more big bags allowed at Seahawks games
In an effort to increase safety at the games, the NFL revealed new policy Thursday that limits bag size. Fans are only allowed to bring in "small clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." One gallon clear plastic freezer bags or clutches the size of your hand are also acceptable.
The NFL says exceptions will be made for medically necessary items that are inspected at the gates.
"Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size," according to a news release.
The new policy takes effect for preseason games. Similar policy has been adopted at college games, says the NFL.
Follow Stephanie Klein, MyNorthwest.com Editor
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- M's notebook: Updates on Iwakuma, Paxton and more
- Maurer to start for Mariners on Sunday
- More Seattle Mariners »
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- Seahawks' preseason dates, times announced
- Seahawks' Zach Miller glad to be back after pay cut
- Seahawks Russell Wilson most popular pro athlete in Washington state
- 3 thoughts on the Seahawks' trade for Terrelle Pryor
- Nevada man sues Seahawks, NFL for $40 million over limiting playoff ticket sales
- More Seattle Seahawks »