Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 10:36 am
Seahawks fans bid for loudest stadium record
The seattlepi.com reports ( http://bit.ly/13yZ6ja) the group called Volume 12 hopes to set the record during the Seahawks home opener Sept. 15 against the 49ers at CenturyLink Field.
The current world record of nearly 132 decibels was set in 2011during a soccer match in Turkey. The Seahawks website says Seattle's 12th Man has been measured at 112 decibels.
Information from: Seattle Post-Intelligencer, http://www.seattlepi.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- M's Chris Young has put shoulder issues behind him
- Could beards be the reason fans aren't connecting to the Mariners?
- Mariners notebook: Disappointing weekend for offense
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Bruce Irvin
- Report: Woman transported from Kaepernick's hotel
- 49ers' Colin Kaepernick responds to reports of 'suspicious incident'
- More Seattle Seahawks »