Updated Jul 15, 2013 - 5:17 pm
Russell Okung runs with bulls in Spain
Seahawks lineman Russell Okung poses with his agent Peter Shaffer after running with the bulls in Spain. (Image via Peter Shaffer/Twitter)
It's definitely not the most conventional way to train during the offseason, but Seahawks standout Russell Okung certainly got a workout last week when he ran with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain.
The Seahawks can't be very happy their franchise tackle took the risk, but the big man came out unscathed.
"Well, they didn't really like it, but they told me to be safe and they trust me to make the best and right decisions. That's why they picked me in the first place," he told FOX Sports by phone Monday while eating at a sidewalk cafe in Barcelona. "We get caught up in the States, thinking that's the whole world when it's really not. There's so much in this world, it's amazing. There's so much life to be lived. I figured why not?"
Okung says he managed to dodge a bull when it came his way and resisted the urge to touch it, to make sure he didn't get injured.
He made the run along with his agent, Peter Schaffer. Now he says he's ready to try cliff diving or perhaps hang gliding, much to Shaffer's chagrin.
"Nothing gets better than the NFL, you know that. But it's really an experience in itself," Okung said. "Your heart's beating, your adrenaline's going. It's kind of like a third-and-long with the game on the line. That's exactly what it felt like."
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Shannon Drayer
Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- 49ers remind fans about 'home field advantage plan'
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- What we learned from Seahawks' win over Saints
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- More Seattle Mariners »