Updated Jul 15, 2013 - 5:17 pm
Russell Okung runs with bulls in Spain
Seahawks lineman Russell Okung poses with his agent Peter Shaffer after running with the bulls in Spain. (Image via Peter Shaffer/Twitter)
It's definitely not the most conventional way to train during the offseason, but Seahawks standout Russell Okung certainly got a workout last week when he ran with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain.
The Seahawks can't be very happy their franchise tackle took the risk, but the big man came out unscathed.
"Well, they didn't really like it, but they told me to be safe and they trust me to make the best and right decisions. That's why they picked me in the first place," he told FOX Sports by phone Monday while eating at a sidewalk cafe in Barcelona. "We get caught up in the States, thinking that's the whole world when it's really not. There's so much in this world, it's amazing. There's so much life to be lived. I figured why not?"
Okung says he managed to dodge a bull when it came his way and resisted the urge to touch it, to make sure he didn't get injured.
He made the run along with his agent, Peter Schaffer. Now he says he's ready to try cliff diving or perhaps hang gliding, much to Shaffer's chagrin.
"Nothing gets better than the NFL, you know that. But it's really an experience in itself," Okung said. "Your heart's beating, your adrenaline's going. It's kind of like a third-and-long with the game on the line. That's exactly what it felt like."
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- The Pete Carroll Show
Surgery upcoming for Seahawks' K.J. Wright
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright to have surgery on broken foot
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »