Updated Feb 21, 2014 - 6:12 pm
WR Sidney Rice tweets apparent goodbye to Seattle
RENTON, Wash. (AP) - Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Sidney Rice tweeted an apparent goodbye after a report about his pending release.
Rice tweeted on Friday afternoon saying the No. 12 would "remain on the left side of my chest no matter what! Grateful for the opportunity to share so many special moments w yall."
The tweet seemed to be in response to an ESPN report that Seattle intended to release Rice. The team said no roster move has been made and the NFL transactions report showed no roster move Friday.
Releasing Rice would not be surprising. He is scheduled to make $8.5 million in 2014 and Seattle could use the cap savings in its attempts to re-sign Michael Bennett and extend Earl Thomas.
Rice has been with Seattle since 2011. He has caught 97 passes and had 12 touchdowns in his three seasons with the Seahawks.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »