Updated Feb 21, 2014 - 6:12 pm
WR Sidney Rice tweets apparent goodbye to Seattle
RENTON, Wash. (AP) - Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Sidney Rice tweeted an apparent goodbye after a report about his pending release.
Rice tweeted on Friday afternoon saying the No. 12 would "remain on the left side of my chest no matter what! Grateful for the opportunity to share so many special moments w yall."
The tweet seemed to be in response to an ESPN report that Seattle intended to release Rice. The team said no roster move has been made and the NFL transactions report showed no roster move Friday.
Releasing Rice would not be surprising. He is scheduled to make $8.5 million in 2014 and Seattle could use the cap savings in its attempts to re-sign Michael Bennett and extend Earl Thomas.
Rice has been with Seattle since 2011. He has caught 97 passes and had 12 touchdowns in his three seasons with the Seahawks.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- M's notebook: Updates on Iwakuma, Paxton and more
- Maurer to start for Mariners on Sunday
- More Seattle Mariners »
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- Seahawks' preseason dates, times announced
- Seahawks' Zach Miller glad to be back after pay cut
- Seahawks Russell Wilson most popular pro athlete in Washington state
- 3 thoughts on the Seahawks' trade for Terrelle Pryor
- Nevada man sues Seahawks, NFL for $50 million over limiting playoff ticket sales
- More Seattle Seahawks »