Updated Aug 7, 2013 - 3:08 pm
Seahawks release WR Early Doucet
RENTON, Wash. (AP) - The Seattle Seahawks have released receiver Early Doucet after just one practice with the team.
Doucet signed with Seattle last weekend and took part in Sunday's practice. The injury-plagued receiver then sat out the next two days after stating "I feel good" following his only practice in Seattle.
The league's transaction report labels Doucet's release as a terminated contract for "failing to disclose a physical condition."
Head coach Pete Carroll seemed dismissive of Doucet when asked about his status following Wednesday's practice. The team announced his release soon after.
Doucet battled many injuries during his time with the Arizona Cardinals, including multiple concussions. The Cardinals released Doucet in March.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »