Updated Aug 23, 2013 - 10:28 am
TiqIQ: Prices for Seahawks' divisional games
Special to 710Sports.com
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Seahawks may fare in a brutally tough NFC West and compare ticket prices to their home average:
Home divisional games
• Sept. 15 vs. 49ers | Average: $473 | Get-in: $203
There's no mystery behind this insane ticket price. The Seahawks and 49ers hate each other and gave us two gritty matchups a year ago – battles that should only intensify in 2013. With both teams eying the division and a Super Bowl bid, it's pretty understandable that their first meeting of the season is 87 percent more expensive than the average Seattle home game.
• Dec. 22 vs. Cardinals | Average: $212 | Get-in: $75
This Week 16 clash with the Cardinals is the Seahawks' least expensive home game inside the division, which is fairly ironic because it's the NFC West battle that they're most likely to win. Regardless, it's a quality deal at 16 percent under their home-game season average.
• Dec. 29 vs. Rams | Average: $222 | Get-in: $75
The Rams march into town for the regular-season finale, which clearly is going to be sold out and will potentially hold major division and playoff implications. It's doubtful that Sam Bradford and Co. knock off Seattle here, but at 12 percent under the average home-game price, fans are getting a nice discount and an awesome game, any way you look at it.
Road divisional games
• Oct. 17 @ Cardinals | Average: $119 | Get-in: $31
Seattle fans get a bit of a discount in the first meeting with Arizona, but they'll have to take it to the road to cash in. This matchup is arguably a win on paper, but it's somehow $100 less than the meeting in Seattle.
• Oct. 28 @ Rams | Average: $143 | Get-in: $29
Another bargain buy here, as the Rams will host the Seahawks and give them a solid fight thanks to their borderline elite defense, while the Seahawks still should be favored to escape with the win. It has just as much potential as their meeting in Seattle, yet is about $80 cheaper on average.
• Dec. 8 @ 49ers | Average: $243 | Get-in: $79
The first meeting between these two is off the charts when it comes to hype and ticket price, but things calm down a bit for the second go around. It's somewhat understandable, but with this meeting later in the year, it actually is more important than the first game. Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson will duel for a better spot in the NFC West, yet it'll be about $200 cheaper to witness this one live.
Kevin Roberts writes for TiqIQ.com, which offers pricing data and deals on tickets for sports, music, comedy and theater events.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- More Seattle Seahawks »