Updated Sep 23, 2013 - 9:41 am
Jones-Drew set to go for Jaguars against Seattle
SEATTLE (AP) - Jacksonville running back Maurice Jones-Drew is active for Sunday's game against Seattle despite an ankle injury, while the Seahawks will be without starting outside linebacker Malcolm Smith due to a hamstring injury.
Jones-Drew was hurt last week against Oakland and was listed as questionable for Sunday's game. He's able to go, but tight end Marcedes Lewis misses his third straight game with a calf injury suffered in the preseason.
Seattle does welcome back defensive end Chris Clemons and cornerback Brandon Browner. Clemons has not played since suffering a major knee injury in last January's playoff win at Washington. Browner missed the first two games with a hamstring injury.
Seattle moves O'Brien Schofield into the starting lineup in place of Smith. Schofield started the season opener at defensive end. Backup running back Spencer Ware is also out with a sprained ankle.
AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Giants game will be prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin sits out again
- Giants game will be a prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Seahawks fans outraged by depiction in Dr. Dre commercial
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle signs Hart, acquires Morrison
- Mariners agree to deal with Corey Hart, reportedly acquire Logan Morrison in trade
- Report paints an ugly picture of Mariners' front office
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- More Seattle Mariners »