Updated Sep 23, 2013 - 9:40 am
Jacksonville's Lowery leaves with head injury
SEATTLE (AP) - Jacksonville safety Dwight Lowery is out with a head injury suffered in the first quarter against Seattle.
Lowery was dazed after the second play of Sunday's game, a running play where Marshawn Lynch gained 2 yards.
Lowery was unstable as he walked to the sideline and was helped to the bench by trainers.
The Jaguars initially said he was questionable, then ruled him out at the start of the second half.
The loss of Lowery left Jacksonville without two starters in the secondary. Cornerback Alan Ball was inactive Sunday.
Seattle wide receiver Jermaine Kearse left with an ankle injury in the second quarter. Kearse came up limping after a 17-yard catch on the sideline. The team said he was questionable to return.
AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners minor leaguer Ji-Man Choi suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- Mariners promote Nick Franklin; move Morrison to DL
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »