Updated Apr 3, 2012 - 10:00 pm
Seahawks unveil new Nike-designed uniforms
You might also be interested in:
Nike, which took over for Reebok as the NFL's supplier of on-field apparel, unveiled their new line of uniforms during a ceremony in New York City on Tuesday morning.
While Nike made only subtle tweaks to the other 31 teams' uniforms, the Seahawks' got a drastic makeover. Among the changes are a darker shade of blue, light green trim, feather designs and alternate grey jerseys and pants.
"College navy" replaces the lighter shade of blue on the old uniforms, which the team wore from 2002 until last season. The other colors are "action green" and "wolf grey."
Feather-pattern designs inspired by Pacific Northwest coastal Indian artwork are found in the numbering, around the collar, on the helmet and on the pants. On both sides of the collar and pants are 12 feathers, a tribute to the 12th Man.
"The New Look of Intimidation features an aggressive combination of Seahawks tradition and Nike innovation," according to the team's website.
The alternate jerseys and pants can be worn either at home or on the road. With three different jerseys and pants, the Seahawks now have nine possible uniform combinations.
The team also tweaked its logo by changing the color behind the Seahawk head from light blue to all grey. The helmets, which are a darker blue to match the jerseys and pants, feature a first-of-its-kind combination of matte and gloss finish, with the feather design in the middle.
The new jerseys will go on sale April 26.
Follow ESPN Staff, Staff report
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
You might also be interested in:
- John Clayton
Video: Clayton trains for his big moment at Safeco
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
GM says Ackley, Harang staying put for now
- Shannon Drayer
Zduriencik on Montero's demotion and future
- With Andino reportedly on waivers and Miller on the move, what's next for the Mariners?
- Law: Zduriencik's seat 'getting hotter by the day'
- Zduriencik says Ackley, Harang staying put for now
- Does Jesus Montero have a future at first base?
- Mariners send slumping C Montero to minors
- Jack Zduriencik on Jesus Montero's demotion, future
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks' Anthony McCoy has torn Achilles
- Ex-Seahawk Mike Williams resurfaces in CFL
- Seahawks sign local product Justin Veltung
- Where Russell Wilson has shown the most growth
- Which Seahawk is most impacted by Percy Harvin?
- Taking issue with Marshawn Lynch's OTA absence
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle MF Evans added to US training camp roster
- Johnson scores twice as Sounders beat FC Dallas
- Neagle's two goals lifts Sounders over Earthquakes
- Traore lifts Sounders to 1-0 win over Sporting KC
- Martin lifts Sounders past Rapids 1-0
- Sounders sign former Virginia forward Will Bates
- More Sounders FC »