Updated Sep 14, 2012 - 9:57 am
Listen: Pete Carroll vows better protection for Wilson
"That's the biggest issue for us this week communicating, making sure that we're picking up really sharp, all of our calls and the directions of the pressures are called out so that he can have a chance to function better," Carroll says.
In an appearance on 97.3 KIRO FM's Seattle's Morning News, Carroll says he's having a tough time overcoming last Sunday's close loss to Arizona.
"That was a frustrating game because we had it right there we came right down the field ready to win the football game and then we couldn't just get that last play done. So that did hit us. Our expectations were that we would win that football game. So we've worked hard to get back on track which we've done," Carroll says.
Carroll says wide receiver Sidney Rice should be able to play Sunday despite missing several days of practice with a bad knee.
"He's running around all week long. We're just trying to make sure he's okay for the weekend so we're managing him through but we plan to see him playing."
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »