Updated Sep 14, 2012 - 9:57 am
Listen: Pete Carroll vows better protection for Wilson
"That's the biggest issue for us this week communicating, making sure that we're picking up really sharp, all of our calls and the directions of the pressures are called out so that he can have a chance to function better," Carroll says.
In an appearance on 97.3 KIRO FM's Seattle's Morning News, Carroll says he's having a tough time overcoming last Sunday's close loss to Arizona.
"That was a frustrating game because we had it right there we came right down the field ready to win the football game and then we couldn't just get that last play done. So that did hit us. Our expectations were that we would win that football game. So we've worked hard to get back on track which we've done," Carroll says.
Carroll says wide receiver Sidney Rice should be able to play Sunday despite missing several days of practice with a bad knee.
"He's running around all week long. We're just trying to make sure he's okay for the weekend so we're managing him through but we plan to see him playing."
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- M's Chris Young has put shoulder issues behind him
- Could beards be the reason fans aren't connecting to the Mariners?
- Mariners notebook: Disappointing weekend for offense
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Bruce Irvin
- Report: Woman transported from Kaepernick's hotel
- 49ers' Colin Kaepernick responds to reports of 'suspicious incident'
- Lakewood is celebrating Jermaine Kearse Day
- Hawk Talk: Wright and the Seahawks' LB precedent
- More Seattle Seahawks »