Updated Sep 14, 2012 - 2:20 pm
Seahawks notes: Rice, Okung practice
Head coach Pete Carroll says WR Sidney Rice will play Sunday against the Cowboys despite an injured knee. (AP image)
Plenty of positive injury news for the Seahawks offense heading into Sunday's home opener.
Receiver Sidney Rice participated in Friday's practice, and will be ready to play according to coach Pete Carroll. Rice missed some of the drills this week with a sore knee.
While Tight end Zach Miller rested a sore foot, Carroll is confident he will also be ready to face the Cowboys.
Right guard John Moffitt was held out of the Friday workout to rest his shoulder, but is expected to start.
Left Tackle Russell Okung participated in a full practice, but Carroll wants to see him again Saturday, and says it could be a game time decision.
Carroll says Golden Tate had a great week of work. He stayed home last weekend recovering from a sprained knee.
Coach told me he's confident the offensive line will do much better picking up blitzes than they did last week at Arizona when they had communication issues.
Receiver Charly Martin is definitely out for the Dallas game with a bruised lung.
Future Hall of Famer and Seahawks great Walter Jones was on hand to watch the Friday session. It's alumni weekend for the team. Jones already had his jersey retired in the ring of honor at CenturyLink Field.
The Fox TV crew of Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa was also at the VMAC taking notes for Sunday's broadcast.
Follow Bill Swartz, 710 ESPN Seattle
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
- Bob and Groz
Does Jesus Montero have a future at first base?
- Gary Hill
The real reason for the Mariners' struggles
- Brock Huard
Where Russell Wilson has shown the most growth
- Seahawks sign local product Justin Veltung
- Where Russell Wilson has shown the most growth
- Which Seahawk is most impacted by Percy Harvin?
- Taking issue with Marshawn Lynch's OTA absence
- Another PED ban doesn't mean Seahawks are cheaters
- Strong reviews for Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle MF Evans added to US training camp roster
- Johnson scores twice as Sounders beat FC Dallas
- Neagle's two goals lifts Sounders over Earthquakes
- Traore lifts Sounders to 1-0 win over Sporting KC
- Martin lifts Sounders past Rapids 1-0
- Sounders sign former Virginia forward Will Bates
- More Sounders FC »