Updated Sep 14, 2012 - 2:20 pm
Seahawks notes: Rice, Okung practice
Head coach Pete Carroll says WR Sidney Rice will play Sunday against the Cowboys despite an injured knee. (AP image)
Plenty of positive injury news for the Seahawks offense heading into Sunday's home opener.
Receiver Sidney Rice participated in Friday's practice, and will be ready to play according to coach Pete Carroll. Rice missed some of the drills this week with a sore knee.
While Tight end Zach Miller rested a sore foot, Carroll is confident he will also be ready to face the Cowboys.
Right guard John Moffitt was held out of the Friday workout to rest his shoulder, but is expected to start.
Left Tackle Russell Okung participated in a full practice, but Carroll wants to see him again Saturday, and says it could be a game time decision.
Carroll says Golden Tate had a great week of work. He stayed home last weekend recovering from a sprained knee.
Coach told me he's confident the offensive line will do much better picking up blitzes than they did last week at Arizona when they had communication issues.
Receiver Charly Martin is definitely out for the Dallas game with a bruised lung.
Future Hall of Famer and Seahawks great Walter Jones was on hand to watch the Friday session. It's alumni weekend for the team. Jones already had his jersey retired in the ring of honor at CenturyLink Field.
The Fox TV crew of Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa was also at the VMAC taking notes for Sunday's broadcast.
Follow Bill Swartz, 710 ESPN Seattle
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »