Hot spring recipes in Seattle
Seattle cooks tend to be healthier, add a little more Asian flare, and use more fish than the rest of the country, according to the data from Allrecipes.com.
This week on KIRO Radio’s Seattle Kitchen Show, hosts Tom Douglas and Thierry Rautureau welcomed Stephanie Robinett, Director of Communications for Allrecipes.com, to the show to talk about what’s hot with home cooks in the Seattle area.
From the website’s data, they’re able to peg the top recipes being searched for by region. Nationally, she says the top search terms are typically your basics, like ‘pancakes’ or ‘sugar cookies.’ Searches also change with the seasons, so with fresh rhubarb nearly in season, three separate rhubarb recipes broke the top 10 for Seattle searches.
“Some of the things we do on the site is take a look at what people are searching for, so we can tell when things like asparagus starts coming up in the garden, or mint starts coming up in the garden, people start searching for those things,” says Robinett.
She provided the Seattle Kitchen Show a list of the top 10 recipes among Seattleites this spring. She notes Cinco de Mayo tends to bring in a few more Mexican dishes.
1. Taqueria Style Tacos – Carne Asada – 666 Reviews | 4 1/2 stars
2. Mexican Rice II – 1703 Reviews | 4 1/2 stars
3. Fresh Rhubarb Pie – 557 Reviews | 5 stars
4. Simple Scones – 1267 Reviews | 5 stars
5. Easy Chicken Enchiladas – 92 Reviews | 4 1/2 stars
6. Homemade Flour Tortillas – 531 Reveiws | 4 1/2 stars
7. Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls – 336 Reviews | 4 1/2 stars
8. Aunt Norma’s Rhubarb Muffins – 119 Reviews | 5 stars
9. Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch – 570 Reviews | 4 1/2 stars
10. Spinach Quiche – 1358 | 4 1/2 stars
The best way to tell which recipe to use, Robinett explains, is to look at the number of reviews and the number of stars. “If a recipe has 5,000 reviews and five stars you can guarantee it’s probably going to be good.”
Recipes are submitted by home cooks, and the 1 million visitors to the site each day help sift out the most delicious. Try one today at Allrecipes.com.