Moms are the greatest. Mine thinks that I've never written a bad column or had a bad show. I know otherwise, but I appreciate the support. She's never going to text into 710-710 and say that Moore's an idiot.
I bring this up because this column might enrage Marshawn Lynch's mom, who never sees the bad side of her son.
She took to Twitter a few months ago and likened reporters to the devil, and on Tuesday she went on Facebook to complain about Terry Blount's post on ESPN.com suggesting that the Seahawks might be OK without her son.
Blount pointed out that the Seahawks went 7-0 last year when Lynch rushed for fewer than 70 yards. That includes the Super Bowl, which Seattle won with Lynch gaining only 39 yards on the ground.
I'm guessing Beast Mode's mom thinks her son is justified in holding out, though others feel like it's getting more ridiculous by the day. He's already paid commensurate with his production and has very little leverage.
As I was heading to Planet Fitness on Tuesday for another attempt to fine-tune my flab, I thought about the Seahawks I would miss more than Lynch if they weren't on the team anymore. Let's see if your list matches mine:
1. Russell Wilson: If this team were quarterbacked by Tarvaris Jackson, it would be 9-7, maybe 8-8.
2. Richard Sherman: The best cornerback in the NFL and the centerpiece in the Legion of Boom. Lynch is not the best running back in the NFL.
3. Earl Thomas: The best free safety in the NFL on the league's best defense.
4. Percy Harvin: I know in most respects the Seahawks won the Super Bowl without him, but don't you want to see what they can do with him for a full season?
5. Russell Okung: I'm not ready to see what would happen to Wilson's blind side if Alvin Bailey or someone else played left tackle all year.
6. Kam Chancellor: The most intimidating and hardest-hitting strong safety in the NFL.
7. Michael Bennett: The versatile star of the defensive line.
I could even be talked into making this a "Top 10 list of Seahawks you'd miss more than Marshawn Lynch" with the additions of Doug Baldwin, Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright.
The Go 2 Guy also writes for SeattlePI.com and KitsapSun.com. You can reach Jim at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @cougsgo.