Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 3:45 pm
Clark of Seattle Storm joins MTSU as assistant
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Alysha Clark of the WNBA's Seattle Storm has been hired as an assistant coach for Middle Tennessee and will join her alma mater when the league's season ends.
Middle Tennessee coach Rick Insell announced the hiring Thursday.
Clark has played professionally the past four years and signed with Seattle in March 2012. She played two seasons for Middle Tennessee and averaged 27.9 points and 10.7 rebounds in that time as a two-time player of the year in both the Sun Belt Conference and the Altantic Sun after starting her career at Belmont.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Trading for Graham would cost the Seahawks a fortune
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- More Seattle Mariners »