Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 3:45 pm
Clark of Seattle Storm joins MTSU as assistant
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Alysha Clark of the WNBA's Seattle Storm has been hired as an assistant coach for Middle Tennessee and will join her alma mater when the league's season ends.
Middle Tennessee coach Rick Insell announced the hiring Thursday.
Clark has played professionally the past four years and signed with Seattle in March 2012. She played two seasons for Middle Tennessee and averaged 27.9 points and 10.7 rebounds in that time as a two-time player of the year in both the Sun Belt Conference and the Altantic Sun after starting her career at Belmont.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Person of Interest: Giants quarterback Eli Manning
- Danny O'Neil
Giants game will be prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson drafted by MLB's Rangers
- Smith stepping into important role for Seahawks
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin sits out again
- Giants game will be a prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Seahawks fans outraged by depiction in Dr. Dre commercial
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners announce deal with Robinson Cano
- What's next for the Mariners after their latest moves?
- Seattle signs Hart, acquires Morrison
- Mariners agree to deal with Corey Hart, reportedly acquire Logan Morrison in trade
- Report paints an ugly picture of Mariners' front office
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- More Seattle Mariners »