Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 3:45 pm
Clark of Seattle Storm joins MTSU as assistant
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Alysha Clark of the WNBA's Seattle Storm has been hired as an assistant coach for Middle Tennessee and will join her alma mater when the league's season ends.
Middle Tennessee coach Rick Insell announced the hiring Thursday.
Clark has played professionally the past four years and signed with Seattle in March 2012. She played two seasons for Middle Tennessee and averaged 27.9 points and 10.7 rebounds in that time as a two-time player of the year in both the Sun Belt Conference and the Altantic Sun after starting her career at Belmont.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- Mariners promote Nick Franklin; move Morrison to DL
- Don't expect to see big changes in M's lineup soon
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: No. 4, Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »